The current ANSI and CSA standards for safe use and training were last updated in 2006. Starting in December 2019, the new standards will go into effect. This means that the following standards will be replaced.
- A92.3 for Manually Propelled Elevating Aerial Platforms
- A92.5 for Boom-Supported Elevating Work Platforms
- A92.6 for Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms
When the new standards roll out, the replacements are as follows:
- A92.20-2018: Design, Calculations, Safety Requirements and Test Methods for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- A92.22-2018: Safe Use of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- A92.24-2018: Training Requirements for the Use, Operation, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
The new standards will closely resemble the changes made to European machines years back.